Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Laptop Heaven

Dell Inspiron e1705I'm getting a new laptop!! Got my notice from Dell yesterday that it had shipped. Hope to have it by Friday. I got it through the outlet so I could afford the 17" widescreen. Which leads to a question: Why are computer screens and TV screens measured diagonally? Was (is) there a legitimate reason for this or was (is) it simply a marketing ploy so that the screen real estate can sound bigger than it really is? Every day I would check the outlet and get almost to the point of completing the purchase, then chicken out. I didn't want Windows Vista and that's all that was available. Then the day came that I saw it, "OS - Windows XP Media Center". I clicked that "Confirm purchase" button so fast it was scary. Of course, I am now having buyer's remorse since I didn't really NEED a laptop. And they aren't cheap, even from the outlet. But it's too late to change my mind now. So I might as well relax and enjoy my new computer. And while I was wandering around Wal-Mart Friday night in Asheville, I came across what I hope is the perfect computer tote! It's black with a red interior. Now all I need (at least for right now {grin}) is a portable EHD and I'll be set to travel.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Congrats! You deserve it! I am impressed you found a tote so soon...I could not find mine for my 17 inch and just gave in and got one that was just okay.