Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Playing

I've actually been playing with some of my toys lately. I'm making polymer clay pendants to take with me to Clay Carnival in Las Vegas and give to my group of Rowdy Friends and I'm almost finished with my poker chips. I was working with a transfer technique that Donna Kato showed us (place an inkjet picture on raw clay and rub off the paper with water - how simple is that!) but didn't like the way the transfer looked after it was baked. It had little shiny places and felt a little sticky. So I tried placing the inkjet picture on the raw clay, burnished it softly but thoroughly and then baked it before rubbing the paper off. I love the way it came out. It has a wonderful matte finish and it retains all of its color. Since the clay had been run through a thin setting on the pasta machine, it was quite easy to cut the picture out and get it ready to make the pendants. I'm having fun again with my toys.

No comments: