Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Eldest Child


You've met my baby, now meet my oldest. Stripes is somewhere around 18 years old. She was part of a threesome of siblings that we rescued. They were young kittens but were wild and living outside my husband's business. So he brought them home to old softy me. There were two girls and a boy and we named them Stars, Stripes and Furrever. It took about 2 months to fully tame them but they came around and never minded the dogs. They did not like strangers however. Furrever died after about 6 months from a respiratory illness that he already had when we brought him home. He was treated for it but just couldn't win the battle. Stars, who never really took to being tame and wanted nothing to do with anyone but me (and occasionally Gene if he offered her food), died a few years later from unknown causes. But Stripes I'm happy to say is still with us. And this picture shows her in her favorite place, laying on Saint Gene's leg while he is stretched out in his recliner. Notice she has her eye on me to make sure I'm not going to make her move!!

No comments: