Monday, March 10, 2008

First Ever

This is my first ever attempt at doing watercolor. Don't laugh, we all have to start somewhere. I did a quick sketch in pencil, inked in the lines I wanted to keep and then used my new Cotman Travel Kit. And, yes, it is that colorful. I deliberately made my handwriting messy since my normal handwriting is a little too "organized" for what I'm trying to achieve. I think, however, with the handwriting all I achieved is illegibility. Back to my normal handwriting next time. And just in case you're curious, it reads, "a cup of vanilla latte, a few photography magazines, a comfy chair at Borders - Life is good. And my first watercolor attempt."
First Ever Watercolor
Good thing very few people read this blog, I would never have the courage to put this out there otherwise!!

5 comments:

Erin-Joi said...

This looks fantastic for your first attempt at water colors! You should have seen my first attempt. It hit the circular file long before being finished.
Erin-Joi

Cheryl said...

Why would I laugh, Ernie? I think it's awesome! I could never do that.

Mary said...

Your artistic talents are amazing! I would never have guessed this was your first attempt at watercolors.

Anetka said...

this is just great:)
I am awaiting more, more, more, more:)))

Clare said...

So glad you posted this is is really very wonderful. As Anetka said More, more, more, Please.