Thursday, January 08, 2009

Sunshine On My Shoulders Makes Me Happy

Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry,
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely,
Sunshine almost always makes me high.

I loved [still love] John Denver.

It's been so gloomy for the past few weeks and the bright, crisp sunshine today was a welcome blessing. The wind kept it from being warm sunshine, but it was sunshine and it was golden and it was shiny and it was wonderful. And I have a free night with no baby-sitting. And it's going to be sunshiny again tomorrow. Blessings, they are all around us.

Joy Journal: The clear, radiant view of Stone Mountain, with the sun shining on it, from our office windows

1 comment:

Odd Chick said...

I love John Denver too. In fact, we had Annie's Song sung at our wedding and we waltz to it to this day. I love that you remind us to be grateful for the small things - what?? sunshine is not a small thing!