Sunday, November 29, 2009

A True Day of Thanksgiving


Saint Gene came to relieve me of my mother babysitting duties at noon so I could get back to Douglasville and maybe miss some of the horrendous traffic caused by people returning from the Thanksgiving weekend. I decided to stop by High Falls State Park on the way home and maybe take a few pictures. Yeah, right. I took over 100. Even took some movies with my little point and shoot, something I had never done before. I had the most fun two hours that I've had in a long, long time. The weather was spectacular - didn't even need a sweater. There were very few people around so I pretty much had the run of the place. And because we've had a lot rain lately the falls were running quite strong. I walked along the trail beside the fall and absorbed the beauty and peace of my surroundings. It was wonderful. I'll put up more pictures in the next few posts.


Joy Journal: A quiet evening at home after a wonderful day.

No comments: