Sunday, July 03, 2011

Feeling "Spritely"

Polymer Clay Sprite

I don't have a name for her yet, she was just created Saturday, but I love her. I took a polymer clay class with Christi Friesen on Saturday and Sunday and this is the project I completed on Saturday. My little Sprite has an Asian look to her and while that was unintentional it always make me happy. She was originally designed to be a pendant but I made her a little large - she's about six inches long. Saint Gene says she should be a wall hanging instead. But I want to wear her as a pendant by golly! I'll just call it a "statement piece". Now that I'm retired I can do that. The class was "Things with Wings" - so here she is, my Thing with Wings.

Joy Journal: Breakfast for lunch in an old-fashioned Southern eating place.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

What a wonderful creation Ernie. I love her wings, they are simply fascinating and gorgeous. I think she'll be a fabulous pendant. Your creative muse is taking wings since you've retired!

Sherry said...

What a fun piece.

Odd Chick said...

she's really adorable! I can't believe you made her in class- it looks like you perfected the technique. Thanks for your encouragement on my blog. I really hope I get to meet you face to face some day.