Thursday, September 01, 2011

Peace and Quiet


Photobucket
It was such a peaceful evening here last night. The temperature was somewhat moderate, the humidity wasn't too bad, the neighbors were gone so their dogs weren't barking and the moon vine was putting on a show. We (Saint Gene and I) sat outside for a long time while my mother slept peacefully. Even the mosquitoes weren't a problem.

I'm trying to organize my bead stash and have about decided that it's impossible. I just have too, too many. And so far I haven't devised an organizing system that really works. I'm trying to organize them by color but that isn't as easy as it sounds. If a bead is half blue and half orange (yes, I have some like that) does it go in with the blues or with the oranges? If a bead is sort of green and sort of blue, which group does it go in? And I'm running across quite a few "why in the world did I buy these?" beads. But it sure is fun looking at all of them. They satisfy my need for color in a big way! We won't even go into the "expensive" side of this issue. And I have to stop every now and then and make a pair of earrings just because. I may have told you this before, but the longer I'm retired, the longer my earrings get.


Joy Journal: Ooohhh, sparkly!!!

1 comment:

Sherry C said...

Beautiful photo, and I love the frame. How did you do it?