Friday, December 13, 2013

Creating is Messy Business

 photo Messy2.jpg
 photo Messy.jpg
Creating isn't a neat and tidy process, at least not for me anyway. And I have to confess, these pictures were taken AFTER I had cleaned up a little bit!!! But I had to take the pictures. Those bright blue pieces of paper just sing to me. I love them!!

Saint Gene and I went on our first cruise last May on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas. And we loved pretty much every minute of it. We splurged and got a junior suite and I'm SO GLAD we did!! It was fabulous to be able to sit out on the balcony and watch the ocean go by. The clouds were particularly impressive one day and I took a lot of pictures of the incredibly blue sky with the white clouds in their diferent formations. I took lots and lots and lots of pictures on this cruise and they have been sitting on their little DVD just waiting for me to do something with them. So now I am. I'm making a star book to memorialize our cruise and using some the many, many pictures I took. And I'm using the sky photos as backgrounds. Saint Gene and I both marveled at the beauty of the changing colors of the sea and the brilliance of the sky away from land. And when I saw those beautiful blue papers I knew immediately I had to use them to make a book.

I had forgotten in all my painting absorption how much I enjoy working with paper. My little Caribbean Blue Star Book is really a labor of love. I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.

Photobucket
Joy Journal: A warm bed on a cold morning.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Ernie, it's so good to see you blogging again! Love the glimpse into your art studio, and I'm looking forward to seeing how your Caribbean Blue Star Book turns out.

It sounds like you had a lovely cruise, and getting those pics off the dvd and into a book will make it so easy to revisit and remember it!

I have so many photos that I have not done anything with. Do you have any suggestions for tutorials or books for the "craft" impaired?!

Shelley