Saturday, April 01, 2006

So, where have you been?

I've been away from this blog page for quite a while now. My mother fell and broke her pelvis in two places on February 17 and she is still recovering from that. I had to take a 4-week leave of absence from work but she is finally recovering. It has been a long, hard road for her, and not made any easier by her willingness to spend so much time feeling sorry for herself. But she is making a good recovery from a painful situation and it feels good to have been able to be with her for her recovery. I know that when I go home next Saturday it will be very tough on her and she will be depressed and lonely. I wish there were something I could do about that but she isn't ready to move in with me and she won't do that much to help herself, isoloating herself at home and waiting for others to come to her. I see so much of her in me and I don't like a lot of what I see. I, too, wait for others to come to me, but I can't seem to help it so I need to learn patience with my mother since I'm sure she can't help it either. And she is 82 years old, a little late to change. And her having a heart episode right in the middle of her recovery was really scary. But I hope that the catherization ablation gives her more quality of life in the next few years. And maybe it will keep her from falling - which is everyone's biggest fear at this stage in her life.

No comments: