Monday, September 04, 2006

Martha's Soap Opera

I've had an interesting(?) last few days. My mother was finally released on Monday by her orthpedic doctor after she fell in February and broke her pelvis. Wednesday, she rear-ended the car in front of her, totalling her 1992 Volvo wagon, and breaking her big toe in the process. But it could have been a lot worse. Thank goodness for the sturdiness and safety factor of a Volvo. Not sure what caused the wreck other than her not paying attention. But she is now immobile again because she can't drive with a broken toe and no car. I checked out newer Volvo's in the Atlanta area and Thursday bought a 1998 Volvo wagon from a dealer here in Atlanta. It had just been traded in that day and had only 62,000 miles on it. It is in excellent condition and is a really sweet car! I drove it down to her house Friday night so she could see it. I think she really liked it. I know she was surprised that I bought it! Thank goodness for savings accounts. I got a really good price on this car so was able to pay cash for it. I'm taking it back to the dealer tomorrow night to do a front end alignment and to finish signing the papers. It drives really well and is well equipped with high end items like 3 memory positions for the driver's seat, power everything and a moon roof (which she will never use - but, hey, it's there if she wants it!). It has a fold-out rear seat which faces backwards and is one of the weirdest things ever. Has a great dual air-conditioning system - we drove around Saturday with the heater going on one side and the air conditioner going on the other (just for fun, of course!). I think she will really enjoy it. I bought a 4-year/48,000 mile warranty so she should be "good to go" as soon as her toe heals.



1 comment:

Alana said...

Wow! What a wonderful gift to gie your mother! I'm glad she is okay! (I haven't been downtown AVL yet, as it's been raining buckets here! but I haven't forgotten!)