Saturday, July 14, 2007

Asheville, Here I Come!

Just decided to go to Asheville the weekend of August 4 and 5 to take a polymer clay workshop with Kim Cavender. Kim, who has proclaimed that lime green is the new neutral (and after I spent so much time retraining myself when Sherill Kahn proclaimed violet as the new neutral), will be teaching two workshops: one day of caning and one day of non-caning (which means I'm not sure just what the second day will be!). The plan right now, and we all know what happens when we plan, is that St. Gene and I will drive up Friday night after work, spend all day Saturday being tourists, go to dinner with the workshop attendees (yes, St. Gene will be going to the dinner) and then I will take the Sunday portion of the workshop. St. Gene will be on his own. I told you in my profile the man was a saint, but a man who will spend an evening with a group of polymer clay artists he doesn't know and then find ways to enjoy himself on a Sunday in a town he doesn't know is truly a SAINT and needs to be referred to as one. Sure glad I grabbed him up while he was still available. His kind don't come around too often! The workshop should be great fun. I love the BRPCG folks and I love Kim Cavender (and I love St. Gene, too). So, Asheville, here we come.


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Oh, I actually know where Asheville is near the Smokies...almost went there for some trails on our vacation last year, but had no time.

Have fun and learn a lot!