Sunday, January 06, 2008

My Word

It seems the fad fashion on the crafty blogs this year is to pick a word to represent the upcoming year. A word that can be your goal. I've decided that my word will be CREATE. I spend way too much time on the computer, way too much time in front of the TV, way too much time wishing I could create things. And not nearly enough time actually creating. So this year - CREATE - my word and my goal. I want to play with Sherrill Kahn's painting techniques and her "what if?" philosophy. I want to get better at my photography. I want to work on my finishing techniques in polymer clay to make my pieces as professional looking as possible. I want to get my art journaling underway. I have a note posted on my computer at home and my computer at the office - "Do Something Creative Every Day." Now I have to get busy doing it. As the country song says, "A little less talk and a lot more action."

Saint Gene and I had dinner tonight with Jo, my friend and polymer clay mentor, and Bill, her husband. She and I exchanged our Christmas gifts. She made me a beautiful pair of dangly (sp?) beaded earrings - she knows I'm part magpie and love things that sparkle. I gave her a pendant and earrings set which I forgot to photograph before I gave them to her! You'll just have to take my word for it that they turned out great and I think she really liked them. Guess I'll have to make one for myself and photograph that one! I took a picture of Jo and Bill as my picture for today. I'll get it posted in a day or so. (Done)

I also spent part of today moving files off my computer onto CDs. I have lots and lots and lots of downloaded zip files that don't need to live on my hard drive. Right now I have 12 CDs full of "stuff". I want to move these files to DVDs but I don't have a burner so that will have to wait. My computer has gotten so slow lately and I'm not sure why. I know I need more RAM but I'm sure moving some of my gazillions of heavyweight scrapbooking files from the hard drive to CDs will help. Of course, I may spend a fortune on CDs!!! But anything to speed up the ole' computer.

I also noticed today that my picture from yesterday is labeled 2007!! So not true!! It was taken January 5, 2008. Some habits are hard to break and 2008 is still new.

No comments: