Saturday, January 05, 2008

If I Could Save Time in a Bottle


I would probably choose a bottle like this and a day like today. It's been a quiet, peaceful and productive day. I finished a polymer clay pendant/necklace a la Kim Cavender that I'm really pleased with. It's a Christmas gift for my polymer clay mentor, Jo, and I hope she likes it. She and I always do our Christmas after Christmas. I'll post a picture of it before I give it to her.

This little bottle (and it really is quite small, maybe 4 inches tall) hangs in my kitchen window and has a tiny little metal tag with the word "creativity" as part of its hanger. It was given to me a few years ago with a note that said this was my "wish" bottle and that I could fill it up with all of my wishes since it could magically hold them all. I've always loved this little bottle, the color is perfect, I like having it hanging in the window and the idea behind it is wonderful. It's today's picture taken with my fabulous new camera.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

That is a sweeeet little bottle and a wonderful idea! And please DO show me your polymer necklace! I would love to see it! The difference between you and I, Ernie, is that while we share an unbelievable number of the same interests, you actually do them and I just keep wishing I had! One of these days, when my kidsters go off to college, I'll start doing some of these things to fill in the time I spend missing them, right? :)