Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The Verdict


So, yesterday I got to sit in this very humanoid chair for awhile and hear the verdict. And, as always, the verdict was "spend more money". Yep, I get to have some expensive dental work done. And appropriately enough, the appointment for the surgery is on April 15, Income Tax Day!!! But it's work I want done so I'm actually looking forward to it - or I should say I'm looking forward to having it finished!

A case worker from the Senior Services arm of my local county government came by this morning to evaluate my mother and see if she is eligible for Meals on Wheels. And she is! That is great news because now someone will come by each weekday between and 11 and 12 and bring her a hot lunch and visit with her for a few minutes. That extra human contact should be a big help to her. Even with the sitter coming in the afternoons, my mother spends a great deal of time alone and having this break in the day should be of great value to her. While she is capable of fixing herself a lunch using the microwave, she gets tired of the monotony of microwave food. And even if the food they bring her isn't something that she really likes, she will still get to have human interaction. Maybe she won't feel so alone.

Joy Journal: A yummy piece of coffee cake this morning at a meeting.

3 comments:

Nao said...

Thank you for that wonderful birthday Wish on my blog. I really enjoy coming to visit you over here too.
Many Blessings on this new day!

Krafty Kat said...

I cannot believe you took a picture at the dentist's office. Too funny. Will there be pictures of the work being done? I don't think I've ever seen your tonsils:)

Odd Chick said...

My father-in-law get this and the food is actually very nutritious - it's a wonderful program and I'm sure they'll be blessed by meeting your mom