Sunday, November 01, 2009

Lunchtime Portraits



I'm going to try something new.  Since I have so little time at home these days I'm going to try to use my lunch time to take a picture to post here.  The pictures will probably NOT be works of art but they will be something I saw at lunch that caught my eye.  They might even occasionally be pictures of the same thing but on a different day with maybe different lighting or background or whatever.  I hope they will be a step above "snapshots" but snapshots they might be.  And that will be ok, too.  Lighting at mid-day is a challenge - many things look washed out or too "hot" but this will be an exercise in overcoming that challenge also.  I don't know how long I will try to keep this going.  Winter is coming and I don't do cold very well.  And, yes, I know I will miss some days.  I'm just not quite that dedicated that I will never miss a day.  Unfortunately my little Canon Powershot seems to be giving up the fight.  So I'll have to carry my big camera around everywhere but the exercise won't kill me (will it?).  So here goes.  I'll start with the picture above, made at lunch time on the one day off that I've had recently.  This little beauty was growing in my yard and after many contortions (this old body doesn't do "on the ground" very well!) and even a few shots that completely missed the mushroom, I finally got one I like.

Joy Journal: Warm sunshine through a window on a cold day.

No comments: