Monday, September 14, 2009

Best Laid Plans

Despite my plans to get back to posting often, life has intervened.  My mother fell at 2:30 in the morning on September 1 and my life since then has been 12 hours shifts at the hospital.  She broke her right hip and consequently required surgery.  Her dementia means that someone has to be with her round the clock so she won't panic and try to get out of bed and injure herself further.  I've taken a few minutes each night to read the blogs I love, but didn't have the energy to compose messages.  But I'll be back.


Joy Journal: A wonderful and loving support system - my husband and my brother.

3 comments:

Odd Chick said...

i'm so sad to hear this news from you and just wanted to let you know that someone's listening, someone's praying, and someone's caring about your circumstances

....this to shall pass, my own mom reminds me during good times and bad

Anetka said...

First things First Ernie.
We'll be here, waiting.

All the best to you, your mum and husband.

Odd Chick said...

still thinking about you...