Friday, November 04, 2011

Thinking

I'm thinking of discontinuing my blog.

It doesn't seem to garner much interest. I don't lead an exciting life. I'm not famous. And I'm not sure there is a real point to keeping it going any more. My page view stats tell me that very, very few people visit on any kind of frequent basis (thank you Shelley and Sherry for your loyalty). Consequently I've grown very lax about keeping it updated. If no one is interested in reading it, then why am I bothering?

Can you tell I'm in a bit of a downer mood today? Not sure why, I just am. Would have loved to sit out on the deck today, the sunshine was beautiful and it always makes me feel better. But the wind was so gusty that it wasn't really pleasant to be outside. Tomorrow and Sunday I'm going to a workshop but I'm not even excited about that!

Ok, I've whined enough. I think I'll call it an early night. Because, after all, in the words of Scarlett O'Hara, "Tomorrow is another day."

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Ernie, I think you've done a great job of updating your blog recently. I always look forward to your posts, and enjoy every one of your photographs and accompanying notes.

Although we've never met, I feel I've gotten to know you and consider you a friend, and I want you to know I would surely miss your blog and the slices of your life, and your lovely photos that you share here.

I hope you'll continue to post whenever the urge strikes. I have you in my Reader and I always am happy to see a new Gypsy Gold post!

Linda B said...

I would be very sad if you didn't post any more - I very much look forward to your pictures and postings.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog Ernie! How else could Brian and I stalk you all the way from NC!

C & B

Sherry C said...

Hi Ernie,
I love your blog, and my feelings pretty much echo Shelley's post. I comment on your blog occasionally, but don't generally comment on the other blogs I visit. I think it's the thinking of you as a friend thing - I feel comfortable talking to you.

I do hope you'll continue posting when the spirit moves you, and not worry if you don't post for awhile. However, if you decide to discontinue your blog I will look forward to your photo posts and comments on Flickr.