Friday, February 25, 2022

Well, I'm going to try again

Maybe I'll do better this time.
Sunrise Serenade
I'm really not much of a wordsmith, especially when I try to write something as opposed to speaking with people face-to-face.  And my life is pretty much the same from day to day, especially since I retired.  But maybe you'll bear with me.

The picture above is of a little 6"x6" canvas I created for our local Cultural Arts Center's annual "Tiny Art" fundraiser.  And I titled it Sunrise Serenade.  It was fun to do but very definitely out of my comfort zone when it comes to art!  I tend to go for semi-realism and I'm certainly not inclined to do "cute," but I think I managed it with these little canvases.  I did 6 of them and each of them sold!

Unfortunately, the pandemic has seemed to squash my desire to create.  I kind of just sit and look at my art supplies (and we won't even go into how many I have!!!!) and then get up and watch tv instead.  But now that the days are getting warmer and the sunlight hours longer I'm feeling a little stirring of creativity.  So there is hope.  And maybe restarting this blog is just the push I need.  So I hope someone somewhere decides to read it, but if not, that's ok too.  Wish me luck. 

Photobucket

Joy Journal:

My daffodils are blooming and their happy colors make me smile!

2 comments:

Debbie Barnett said...

Ernie ! You will get your mojo back ! I wish you were closer and could come to my mixed media classes I take at spruill center of arts every Friday! I love your art and have apiece of yours hanging in my house!

Lina Bridges said...

You were made to create art...don't give it up! Happy that you are blogging again.