Tuesday, June 14, 2022


Demons from Hell


There is no way to describe being stung multiple times by yellow jackets other than pure agony.  IT HURTS!  Not just a little, a LOT!  And they chase you down and try repeatedly to get to you and sting you again.

Last Friday I was cleaning out a flower bed in front of my house, trying to do a little delayed garden spring cleaning.  All of a sudden my ear was in agony and I was surrounded by little bits of flying hell.  I was slapping them away so hard I actually slapped my earring out of my ear!!!  I got at least 5 stings, maybe more, before I escaped into the house, 3 stings on my face and neck, 1 (or maybe 2) on my arm and 1 on my elbow.  And they hurt for over 3 days!

Yellow jackets (the evil kind, not the Ramblin' Wrecks) build most of their nests underground leaving only a 1/2" to 1" hole for an entrance.  Dig that hole under a few fallen leaves and you have the perfect portal to hell. 

Saint Gene and I went back after it started getting dark and sprayed the entrance with wasp and hornet spray and closed the portal to hell.  Now I can get back to planting the daylilies I planned to put in that location.

It wasn't a fun experience but it gave me a good subject to sketch for my journal.


Photobucket

Joy Journal:
Air Conditioning!!!

No comments: