Friday, July 07, 2006

Digital v. Polymer

Digital Scrapbooking! I may have discovered another very satisfying outlet for my creative urges. I love working with computers and graphics programs. And I enjoy creating 'artsy" items. With digital scrapbooking I can do them both at the same time. If you want to visit my "gallery" of digital scrapbook pages you can go HERE and see them. I can see real progress in the artistic look of the pages I've created. I want to get better with the graphics programs so I can create my own backgrounds, brushes, etc. But for right now I'm content using background "papers" and elements that other people have created.

I attended a wonderful polymer clay workshop with Donna Kato in Asheville, NC on June 3-4. I had more fun than I've had in a long time. Donna Kato is a fantastic instructor, artist and person and I learned so much from her. I'll have to scan my Butterfly Maiden and post a picture of it here. You couldn't ask for a nicer group of people than the members of the Blue Ridge Polymer Clay Guild. And Asheville was fun! Gene and I plan to go for a weekend in late August and see the stores, etc.

My mother, brother and sister-in-law came to visit us on June 10. Had a great visit. And in their honor I repainted my poor, neglected bathroom. I also replaced the light fixture and had shelves placed on the wall. It looks so much better now!!! Now to get busy on the rest of the house!

Had a polymer clay "playday" with Jo on July 1. We made pendants "a la Kato" and had a ball. I was the instructor for a change and really enjoyed it. Jo is always so generous with her experience and her supplies and it was nice to be able to do the same for her. We worked primarily with Kato clay and I love it, but Jo still prefers Premo. The Kato was kinda sticky but, for the most part, that didn't bother me.

Well, time to get back to work. Talk to you later.

No comments: