Sunday, May 06, 2007

Free Fun

Etowah Jazz Society Concert
Love those free concerts! The Etowah Jazz Society had a free concert in our little local outdoor park area and Gene and I decided to go. We really enjoyed it. The weather was unseasonably cold so I got a little uncomfortable but I had enough forethought to bring two jackets and I'm sure glad I did! But the music was worth a little discomfort. It was more "Big Band" than jazz and the musicians were obviously enjoying themselves. We got to hear "Summertime", "A Train", "Fever", and lots of other good sing along music. Good quality music and musicians - the leader of the groups was really good on the saxophone and the singer had a wonderful voice. A nice, pleasant Saturday evening. Really glad we decided to go.

Me Etowah Jazz Society Gene



No comments: