Friday, November 06, 2009

Bittersweet


The beautiful, vibrant colors of leaf change give me happiness and sadness, all at the same time. Happiness because I love color. The more color the better. I once was a member of an art group that loved only brown (ok, I'm exaggerating - they loved antique and vintage and things that always made me think of brown). And then I attended a Painting with Pizazz workshop by Sherrill Kahn and realized that Brown R Not Us. I am into color, rich, vibrant, riotous color. And the golden light of fall gives colors extra life. The sadness comes from the knowledge that the colors of fall are short-lived and make me think of endings. But with my camera I can keep those vibrant colors alive and enjoy them all through the cold days of winter. I can print out the images I've captured and look at them on those gloomy, rainy days. And I will. I'll hang them on my wall and around my workspace and remember how nice it was outside today.

Joy Journal: A small box of beautiful pink Swarovski crystal butterflies.

No comments: