Thursday, November 05, 2009

What is So Wonderful As...


What is so wonderful as a day off!!?? It was glorious weather, I had nothing I had to do, my time was my own. I slept a little late (hey, 8 AM isn’t really that late) and woke up with my usual headache (what’s up with that?) but it went away as soon as I got up. Got dressed and was going to Waffle House for breakfast – I am such a gourmet – but once underway I decided to go to a little out of the way gas station that I remembered from years back as having homemade biscuits in the morning. THEY STILL DO! Decided to go really hog wild and have a homemade biscuit with redhots (hot link sausages) and mustard. Definitely not my typical breakfast but was it ever good! I mean truly awesome. What a great start to the day. Then I cruised Hobby Lobby for awhile, Michael’s for awhile, then ate (too much) lunch at a Mexican restaurant and then I went home. The only fly in the ointment was that it was windy today and I had a hard time getting any photos. But I managed to find a few minutes of stillness to get some pictures of my sasanquas, the beautiful “Shi Shi Gashira” (hope I spelled that right!). I have three of them planted together and until this year they were hidden behind some overgrown shrubs. Saint Gene pruned the tall shrubs and, voĆ­la, we can now see and are enjoying three sasanquas absolutely covered with beautiful bright pink ruffled flowers. They are loving the extra sunshine they are getting and I’m loving the blooms they are producing. So we can all thank Saint Gene and his pruning shears for today’s lunch time portrait.

Today was wonderful. I could use about three more weeks. But that can’t be so I’ll just be grateful for today and let the sunshine that I enjoyed today warm my soul.


Joy Journal: Teeny, tiny little go anywhere thumb drives!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Ernie, I am really enjoying your photos and posts. It's great to have you back!

There is absolutely nothing better than a day off to just do whatever moves you! The only hard part is going back to real life the next day (for me anyhow).

I love your idea of daily lunchtime photos at work too.