Saturday, December 03, 2011

Sittin' In the Mornin' Sun

Photobucket
A cold day with warm sun through a window. The dogs were all stretched out in the sun and Saint Gene was about to move my mother from the dining room table to her recliner. Kinda' casually he said to my mother, "Those dogs look so comfortable. You want to join them in the sunshine?" Surprisingly, she answered "Yes." So we put on her sunglasses, rolled her over to the sliding glass door and into the sun. She was sound asleep in no time, nice and warm. I was sorry when we had to move her but she was so sound asleep she never even knew it. We take our joy whenever we can.


Joy Journal: Sleeping late then breakfast in bed.

4 comments:

Just Jane said...

I love this story. I can only hope that if I should ever need it, someone will think to ask me if I'd like to fall asleep in the sunshine. Saint Gene (and Saint Ernie) is right.

Gaelyn said...

I agree with Jane on this. I love to sit in the warm sunshine.

Shelley said...

Beautiful story, Ernie. Do take joy in these small moments. What a blessing for your Mom to have you and St. Gene, and a warm, sunny spot to snooze.

Odd Chick said...

Everyone needs a little sunshine to warm their souls and now you've passed it on to me